St James’s Hospital
Douglas Carroll Consulting Engineers
Maloney O’Beirne Architect
Refurbishment of Hospital 2 & Hospital 4 Building in St. James’s Hospital
This project consisted of the refurbishment of the existing hospital 2 and hospital 4 building in St. James’s Hospital.
It was constructed in the early 1870s and was used during the 1916 rising. It is a listed building with a floor area over 5000m2.
The scope of works consisted of the full replacement of the mechanical services installation throughout the building and the work was carried out under the form of Conditions set out in the Public Works Contract for Building Works Designed by the Employer.
The site of the works was located within grounds of an Acute Hospital which were particularly busy with patients, employees and visitors to the Hospital. The surrounding and adjacent hospital departments continued to function as normal whilst the works were in progress.
The refurbished building is providing the following facilities:
- Ground Floor: Project 1.12 Veins & Vascular Departments
- First Floor: Project 1.7 Plastics & Laser Departments
- Second Floor: Project 1.1 Private Clinic
KD Group received a Highly Commended Commercial Contractor of the Year Award at the Irish Heating and Plumbing Awards 2017 for their work on St. James’s Hospital, Hospital 2 and Hospital 4.